Monday, December 27, 2010

5 Songs That Rocked My World in 2010

5 Songs that rocked my world this year, and why, and a video so they can rock your world too. :)

1. "Breathe" by Alexi Murdoch - I first heard this song and Alexi Murdoch's music at the end of the Stargate Universe episode "Air." The crew had been struggling for three episodes just to have enough air to breathe, and then they found relief and here comes this song. It was so beautiful to have such a raw acoustic song on a show set in space. The moment's never quite left me.



2. "Paparazzi" as sung by Greyson Chance - If you haven't heard this kid sing yet, do! He took a Lady Gaga pop song and turned it into an emotional ballad here. I can still play the Youtube video over and over.



3. "Cosmic Love" by Florence + The Machine - I heard this at the end of a Covert Affairs episode and it was just so perfect for the moment. Love this band's sound, but this song in particular.



4. "The Weary Kind" by Ryan Bingham - I loved the movie Crazy Heart, and "The Weary Kind" just sums it all up with gut-wrenched soul.



5. "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli - I'd heard this song before but became really attached to it after watching a Dubai water show on Youtube. It got stuck in my head and I had to look it up.



What songs rocked your world this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment